City of Jastrebarsko, Croatia
Development of iOS and Android mobile applications to support waste management and the jarecikliram.hr website
Before the realization of this project of creating a mobile application for Android and iOS, we were presented with scarce requirements in literally a few sentences, so that the project was mostly carried out at our own discretion. Although there were fears about the client’s reaction to such a result, satisfaction with the delivered system was mutual.
Web pages are made for informational purposes with the addition of adaptations for visually impaired people. The websites themselves contain information about the project, waste management tips, news and publications, and contact information. The City of Jastrebarsko has the ability to independently create and publish news and publications through a management system (CMS) and manage other website content, so maintenance on our part is not necessary. News are in the form of a blog, and publications can be audio content or .pdf content.
Through the mobile application, which is informative and educational, users are enabled to;
- review the waste collection schedule
- view the locations of recycling yards or green islands on the interactive map
- register your email address to receive notifications about the municipal waste collection schedule
- report damage to green islands or improperly thrown waste through the mobile application itself by sending a photo and your current geo-location
- and finally there is a fun Memory game in which you have to find pairs of types of waste and the bins in which that type of waste is disposed of